As a church we are committed to partnering with six missions. These missions represent many aspects of God’s work in the world including the relief of poverty both locally and abroad; provision of equipment and buildings for a school in South Africa; Helping to build classrooms for a school in Kumi, Uganda, a craft organisation providing employment for many with disabilities in Tanzania, an orphanage in India, funding and prayer support for many who are suffering persecution in various parts of the world; debt advice for local people. In addition the harvest food is distributed to a project in Bristol that supports people who are homeless and who have a drug or alcohol dependency.
These missions are allocated one Sunday during each year when a representative is able to thank the church for its support and to bring us up to date on what is happening in their particular area of mission.
We are thankful for the mission champions in Christ Church who act as the link between the congregations and the individual missions. They bring the church latest prayer requests and explain how the money donated is being used. These missions will be supported for the next three years.
- Haven Home India
- Children of Clarens
- Christians Against Poverty (CAP)
- Church Mission Society (CMS)
- Church Partnership In Moldova
- Mission Direct Kumi Uganda
- Open Doors
Christ Church also supports:
- Chernobyl Children’s Lifeline Bristol through their annual visit to Downend each summer, by providing a venue for their parties and welcoming the group to one of our Sunday Services.
- Mercy Ships, through the faithful work of the craft group who make and sell greetings cards all year in aid of Mercy Ships
- We support The Children’s Society through our annual Christingle Service
- Shoe Boxes are filled in October each year to be sent to Eastern Europe with Blytheswood Care