Debt Counselling Centre
Christ Church supports those struggling with debt through our CAP Debt Centre.
Christ Church have been working in partnership with Christians Against Poverty since 2009 when we opened our CAP Debt Centre. Since then we have helped hundreds of clients and their families on their journey out of debt. Rosie Brydon, our Centre Manager, co-ordinates our amazing team of committed volunteers in order to offer the following services:
- Qualified Debt Coaches: Each client has at least three appointments with one of our Debt Coaches. These may be home visits or appointments at our CAP Centre.
- A team of “Befrienders”: Every client is offered a “Befriender”. Someone who will offer friendship, encouragement and support throughout their journey out of debt.
- Food parcels and Christmas hampers.
- Prayer – every client is offered prayer on each visit.
- Links to church – clients may be invited to Messy Church, Jigsaw, other events as appropriate.
Have a look at our lovely video to see the impact CAP has had for one of our local families.
How you can access help from our CAP Centre
If you are struggling with debt then please make use of our free service and contact Rosie on 07483 410403 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can access our help.
How you can get involved in supporting our CAP Centre
There are many opportunities to support our work whether you are able to give your time or not.
If you can give your time
- Prayer: join us for our prayer meetings and CAP briefings which happen three times each year.
- Become a Befriender: you can either volunteer as a Befriender who accompanies the Debt Coach on the client visits or become an ongoing Befriender. Ongoing Befrienders are paired with a client and develop a supportive friendship over the course of the client’s journey with CAP.
If time is a problem:
- Prayer: pray for our clients, for Rosie, Sally and Mark and our wider team of volunteers.
- Money: you can support us financially with a regular monthly donation or a single gift. No amount is too small to be appreciated and make a difference to the service we are able to provide.
- Donations of food: there is a box at the back of church where you can put non-perishable items for our food parcels.
To find out more please contact Rosie on 07483 410403 or by email at email@example.com