Are You In Need Of Prayer?
At Christ Church we firmly believe in the power of prayer. If there is something or someone you would like us to pray for, we are here for you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
July One Church One Day, 24 Hours of Prayer
Dear Church Family
Last month Ann Travers described OCOD as a ‘symphony of praise.’ It’s wonderful to be a part of this growing connectedness in prayer, which goes beyond church walls, uniting and strengthening the Body of Christ all over Bristol.
Christ Church Downend’s OCOD 24 hours of prayer starts next Friday 2nd July 7-8pm with Prayer & Praise Together. Bristol’s shared theme is Proverbs 3:5-6
Our Father loves it when we make the effort to spend time with Him, where we discover that there is no greater blessing than being in His presence. This month we are being encouraged to pray in the great outdoors, whether we are prayer walking, prayer sitting/running/cycling, prayer picnicking, prayer treasure hunting, using the prayer party packs, or maybe we feel led to pray inside (especially through the night). Great to intentionally book in time to pray and be blessed.
To book in, click on the link below. Some of us join in without booking in, which is absolutely fine, but if you are having trouble booking in please let me know and I can do it for you. It’s great, as a family, to cheer our brothers and sisters on as we pass the baton of prayer between each other.https://www.24-7prayer.com/emailredirect/265e5f95d04550eb5b53ab39f4860336/
For those who would like to join together in a special time of prayer and praise 7-8pm on Friday please find the link below.https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86080411360
Meeting ID: 860 8041 1360
We are, of course, free to pray as the Spirit leads for whatever is on our hearts. Our July Frontline Prayers are for those working in Retail, Sales and Admin. Our Mission Partner Prayer Focus this month is CMS Ben & Katie Ray from Neema Crafts Tanzania. Ben and Katie have sent the following prayer requests through this week, and Gary will share a short video with us at Prayer & Praise Together.
Prayers from Ben & Katie:
– Praise God that we seem to have come through the worst of Covid 19 this year, we had some staff getting sick, but fortunately no-one has died because of the virus amongst our staff. We are hearing rumours of a 3rd wave (Indian Variant just hitting East Africa though)
– Pray for Tanzania and its new leader Samia Hassan. She has been making very positive steps in her first few months, please pray that God would bless her administration and give her great wisdom
– Praise God for his faithfulness in sustaining the Neema Crafts project throughout the last year and a half. We have seen a massive drop in visitors, but miraculously have been able to keep paying our staff wages thus far.
– Please pray for the new initiatives begun as a result of the Covid challenges: For the new shop and our partnership with the International NGO SAFI Tanzania. Please pray that we can see a great deal more sales of our crafts and homewares in Dar es Salaam and beyond because of this partnership.
– Praise God that Katy and I now have our work and residency permits. These are only for one final year however, so pray that we can have God’s wisdom and favour in deciding our next step.
– Please pray that we can find suitable Tanzanian managers for the roles of Orders Manager and General Manager, that they would have both the correct skills and the right heart for the work.
– Praise God for Chloe and Joe Chettleburgh our volunteers and that they have their work permits. Pray for them to really enjoy their work at Neema and to see God bless the work of their hand over the next year and a half.
– Praise God that Zachary (7), Alessia (5) and Julia (almost 2!) are really enjoying life in Tanzania.
– Please pray for Bishop Joseph and the Anglican Diocese of Ruaha. There will be a Synod this year, pray that good decisions and vision for next three years can come from this.
It’s so encouraging to hear each other’s reflections. Our experience, word or picture may be meant for another member of the church family, so may we have the courage to share. Be richly blessed as we draw consciously present to the God who is constantly present to us.
Love and prayers Diane x
Praying for the Persecuted Church
Each month Christians from local churches gather to pray for the persecuted church. These meetings take place at 9:30am the 3rd Tuesday of each month. The next meeting will take place on 18th August and is likely to be via Zoom. If you would like to attend this prayer meeting please call Mary Massey on 0117 9572447
At Christ Church we have really benefited from resources coming from the 24-7 prayer movement. At the beginning of 2020 we did a sermon series as a church on prayer, looking at various aspects and types of prayer, using Pete Grieg’s book “How to Pray.” You can find those sermons here or by searching for the “Learning to Live the Life” podcast on various podcast platforms.
You can also find some incredible resources for prayer, whether you are brand new to it or been praying for years, on the prayer course website here.
Prayer Life newsletter archive
This is the archive of the old PDF files of the Prayer Life newsletter. The more recent copies of the newsletter can be found in the block of links that is either at the side or towards the bottom of this page.