Thanksgiving and Answered Prayer
- Give thanks for a wonderful Noise weekend of shining God’s love into the community, through the extreme litter picking, the free cream tea and free family fun afternoon. Give thanks that the Downend Voice shared the Noise on their front cover and within, with the message of God’s love.
- Give thanks for a wonderful youth weekend away in Heatree. A truly blessed time of fun, family and faith.
- Give thanks for the growth in the Ignite and Ignite+ Thursday outreach groups.
- Give thanks for the successful Easter event outside Co-op raising funds for youth ministry and Ukraine.
- Give thanks for the engagement and positive feedback from girls attending the Flourish courses in Downend School.
- Give thanks for the recent wellbeing courses that were run at Elev8.
- Give thanks for the kind donation to youth ministry in memory of Grace Huggins.
- Give thanks for the special Serving Sunday Breakfast Service at the CCC
- Give thanks for the connections made with September’s Yr 6 &7s at the Tinings School when we took the bouncy castle to their summer fair, and for their donation.
- Give thanks for the kind hospitality of Ruth, as 20 of us gathered in her home.
- Give thanks for Mike, Liz and friends for a wonderful Short Mat Bowls evening.
- Please pray for the young people as we take Wednesday Elev8 into Page Park.
- Saturday 16th July – during a youth leaders meeting Angela suggested a Jumble Sale fundraiser for Ukraine. Please pray that it will bring the church and wider community together, and raise lots of funds to support Ukraine.
- Sunday 17th July – Please pray for Iona as she shares her mission in Story Sunday.
- Wednesday 20th July – Please give thanks for Frances for opening her home to the young people as we continue to share a message of fun, family and faith.
- Please pray for the planning and prep as the youth and children’s ministries team up, as the young people lead the children’s Holiday Bible Club Summer Sundays, bringing the Prayer Course we did earlier in the year to them.
- Sunday 28th August – Please pray as the youth ministry leads the whole church in this Summer’s Super Serving Sunday.
- Please pray for our planning for the autumn term, especially as Diane begins her full time Return to Practice course in September.
- Please pray for strength and energy for the team.
- There’s always a need to re-start the detached youth work in the local parks, to run more outreach groups, and to run more Flourish, Courage and Kintsugi Hope Wellbeing courses from the youth hub and in local secondary schools. The doors are open, the harvest in plenty…