CAP Christmas Hampers and Presents 2023
This year we are once again hoping to send Christmas hampers and presents out to all our CAP families and some families nominated by our church schools.
We have made a few changes based on feedback from last year and from the changing needs of our clients.
The type of food items have been adapted in some circumstances to match individual clients and their cooking facilities. For this reason, some of the items may not seem particularly festive, but will be very appreciated nonetheless by those who receive them.
As usual, Staple Hill Salvation Army are kindly providing gifts for all the children. Our CAP Centre will provide gifts for the teenagers. All adults will receive a bag of fudge and vouchers to spend in a supermarket local to where they live. This is because we feel it will be the most helpful present we can give at this time and will allow them to spend it either on food or on gifts, depending on their individual circumstances. Families will be allocated different numbers of tokens based on the number of people in the family.
All items to be donated should be brought along to the church or the church centre on Sunday 10th December or between 9.00-10.30am on Monday 18th December. Please don’t leave anything in Rosie’s porch unless it is items for the usual Foodbank. Thank you.
This year we are switching from using boxes for the hamper items to “shopping for life bags” to make them easier to lift and transport.
If you would like to contribute, please see below for the various different ways you can be involved, choosing your preferred option:
- Use the spreadsheet (found at CAP Christmas Link ). Enter your name and the number of items you are contributing by the product of your choice. Once you have completed your entry, you will need to click into a different cell before exiting in order to save the changes you have made.
- Use a low tech paper version available at both Christ Church and the Church Centre. There are small white pads (like the type used in a restaurant) with lists of contributions needed. All you need to do is tear out the page with your choice of items and take them home with you as a reminder of what you have said you will provide.
- Buy Sainsburys gift cards. Please buy £10 vouchers only and then we will allocate as many as possible to each family depending on the number of donations received. These can be purchased at com
- If you would prefer to make a monetary donation to be used towards vouchers, gifts for teenagers or food items, then please give donations directly to Rosie at church, or in an envelope to the office, or through Rosie’s front door (5 Peache Road, BS16 5RN).
- Sign up to deliver one of the hampers to a family – for this you would need to be available between 4.00-6.15pm on Tuesday 19th December to collect from the church. Please email Rosie (email@example.com) if you would be willing to deliver.
Thank you so much to everyone for all your commitment and generosity to the work of our CAP Centre in supporting local families in the community.
Rosie, Sally and Mark