Details on April’s OCOD below.
The link for May’s OCOD booking form is https://www.24-7prayer.com/emailredirect/f675d8aec99e98b4e62c6aae5fb12fb6/
Details will be shared nearer the time.
Dear Church Family
How are you? It would be great to see each other at Prayer & Praise Together on Good Friday at 7pm, where we can pray for one another. If you are unable to make it, but would appreciate prayer, please let me know and we will cover you in prayer.
Our first One Church One Day took place last April. So Christ Church has been uniting in prayer for a full 24 hours a month for a whole year. This month Cairns Road Baptist Church joined OCOD, and next month Christ Church Clifton are joining; that canopy of prayer growing over Bristol.
April’s OCOD verse is Jeremiah 29:7 ‘Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.’
Our frontline prayers are for those in the service industry and our prayer focus for mission is for Mission Direct. Really looking forward to hearing from Jan and Richard at Prayer & Praise Together. Meanwhile, they have sent the following Mission Direct prayer points in advance:
- Pray for the next food security distribution including live chickens which our partners will distribute at Easter. Please pray that this reaches the vulnerable and that they recognise God’s caring compassion for them.
- Pray for the teenage girls who have become pregnant whilst schools have been closed through lockdown. Pray that each child is cherished and loved. Give thanks for the successful training we ran in partnership with Teams4U. Pray for our partners as they plan programmes to equip young ladies (and men) to prevent unplanned pregnancies in future.
- Pray for all the students who have just taken their Primary Leaving Exams. We pray they have done well and will be able to continue their education.
- Pray for our builder Patrick and his team who will recommence the construction of teachers homes at Kumi Bazaar School after Easter. Pray for safe and successful building. Pray for the homes that these buildings will become, for the teachers and the families that will live in them.
- Pray for Ngora School for Deaf Children and the funding issues at the school. Pray for a partner to be found to support the school. There are only three specialist schools in Uganda for deaf children who are often relegated to the bottom of the pile.
- Pray for our travel to Uganda currently planned for the middle of the year. Pray that we will be able to move safely to and within Uganda and renew our relationships with our friends and partners. Give us wisdom as we look at future projects at Kumi Health Centre and Kumi Primary School. Pray that we will bring encouragement and Christian love to all we meet, in our deeds and our words.
However we spend our hour of prayer with the Lord, whether we are walking, singing, ironing, baking, drawing, dancing, in stillness, or whatever, may we be filled with the love of our God who has shown that he would rather die than live without us.
Love and prayers